Friday 30 November 2012

My Collection of Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr Eyeshadows

Yes, we had to wait for nearly a year for Maybelline to launch the color tattoos in India, but all's well that ends well and I'm so glad that these are now within reach. The color tattoos are supposed to be dupes of MAC's famous paint pots. I haven't tried the paint pots and honestly after trying out the tattoos, don't think I would want to spend nearly double the money on one. Maybelline, just bring out some more colors in the range and you will make all of us extremely happy! 


 The color tattoos are supposed to give 24 hr wear with no creasing or fading and have intense color payoff. I haven't tested any of them beyond 12 hrs, without a primer and can vouch for all the claims. I love the creamy and smooth consistency and how easy it is to apply. The only con is that on the lids, they dry up pretty fast so one needs to be quick while blending out the edges. Till date, I have collected four shades in the range and will buy the rest soon. In today's post, will share with you my thoughts on the ones that I have.


Bad to the Bronze - My favorite of the lot. Its a bronze with a smooth metallic finish and sheen and is a gorgeous color for the Indian skin tone. This is one color that I've been reaching out to a lot lately and I use it either as a base or as an overall lid color.

Fierce and Tangy - A bright orange with a satin finish. It goes on really smooth and opaque in only one go and does not need a lot of layering. In terms of texture and color payoff, this is the best of the lot.

Edgy Emerald - A teal with a shimmery finish. It's equally opaque as Fierce and Tangy and does not need a lot of layering. This can also be used as an eyeliner but I'm yet to use it as one.

Audacious Asphalt - A dark silver with a shimmery finish. Not nearly as opaque as the others and takes a few swipes to get a good color payoff.

From Left to Right - Bad to the Bronze, Fierce and Tangy, Edgy Emerald, Audacious Asphalt

While I love all the shades in this range, I'm disappointed that Maybelline did not launch Tough as Taupe here. A neutral shade would have been such a fabulous addition!

What is your favorite Color Tattoo?

No comments: