Monday 12 November 2012

Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen - Review & Swatches

Here's an excerpt of a conversation with a colleague at work recently.

Colleague - " OMG Lady whats up? You are absolutely glowing! I've been looking at you for nearly three years now and your skin has never looked this good! 

Me - "Really?? You not kidding right? So where exactly is my skin glowing? Cheeks, bridge of the nose,where?? Point it out"

Colleague - "Goodness Gracious..whts this? an exam? Isnt it enough that your face is glowing? Why do you need me to point out exactly where?? Btw whats the secret? Is it Love or Dove??"

Me - "Arghhh Stop saying this cheesy line for Gods sake! Its neither but keep guessing"...

Well I still haven't shared the secret of my glowing skin with my colleague. Will let her guess for some more days before revealing but I'm not going to be that mean with all of you :).. Today's post is dedicated to the product that is now giving me radiant, glowing skin whenever I want to, the Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen (Rs 475.Unfortunately its out of stock at medplus now)


I've been on the lookout for a good highlighter for quite some time but the problem with most of them is that they are too glittery or shimmery. The disco ball look is definitely not me so have been patiently waiting to get a good one. When medplusbeauty announced that they were giving discounts on Colorbar products, I thought ok lets try their highlighter. Even if it turns out to be a dud, I can at least console myself saying that I paid less than the regular price. 

Thankfully this product has not turned out to be a dud. In fact its awesome! The Colorbar Radiant Glow highlighter pen is a click it pen that releases a gorgeous champagne rose gold color on clicking. It is a color that will suit all skin tones and the best thing about the highlighter - no glitter, only shine. So pretties with large pores who shy away from highlighters, not to worry. You can safely use this without worrying about how your pores will grab all attention. 


The highlighter is a liquid cream, with a thin runny consistency. It has a smooth texture therefore blends on to the skin very well. The good thing about the pen is that the product flows very well without too much or too little coming out. However, it's best to click the product on the back of your hand and then apply it coz applying straight on to the face might give you a streaky look. On its own, I apply the highlighter on my cheekbones, bridge of the nose, chin and edges of the forehead and I love the radiant glowy finish. My face looks natural, healthy and bright. It also does not smear, run or fade and stays for nearly 5-6 hrs. You can also mix it with foundation to give your face a subtle glow and also with concealer to hide the dark circles. So a truly versatile product!




The cons are that this comes in only one shade and the pen requires around 3-4 clicks to release the product. These to me are pretty minor flaws and all in all I would highly recommend the product. 

Have you tried the Illuminator pen? What are your thoughts on it?


1 comment:

All.things.pretty said...

I've wanted this for so long. But the price stopped me from trying it. Might buy it now.