Tuesday 18 September 2012

Visit to the L'Occitane Store at South City Mall, Kolkata

Anyone who lives in Kolkata and has been to the South City mall's Shopper's Stop, the L'Occitane store at the right side of the entrance is pretty hard to miss. Whenever I go there, I invariably start off my shopping trip with a visit to L'Occitane not only to check out new launches and their fab range of products, but also to see the wonderful displays which keep changing with every new launch. So when I got the opportunity to visit the store 'officially', you can well imagine how happy I was :)


L'Occitane's flagship store in Kolkata was launched in 2011 and since then, has become a mecca for all fans of this French natural skincare and beauty brand. I was met at the store by the wonderful beauty advisors Sunetra and Hirak who spoke to me about the products from different ranges, the new launches and showed me around. I've met Sunetra many times earlier and it's always a pleasure interacting with someone who is as sweet and chirpy as her. And Hirak, you were a very gracious host too:)





 This store, like all the others around the world is also bathed in warm colors which creates a very welcoming atmosphere. Not to mention, the mix of heady fragrance and the wonderfully designed tubs and bottles of products all lined up one after another. A visual treat for sure! No doubt the Kolkata store is much smaller in size as compared to those in Mumbai, Delhi or even Pune, but it offers a complete assortment of products from all the ranges - the Immortelle Range, Angelica Collection, Pivoine Flora, Cherry Blossom Range, to name a few. Sadly, the makeup collection has been discontinued. 





I was extremely eager to take a look at the new products, namely the 3 Eaux De Colognes and the Radiance and Colour Care range. The colognes were all lined up in front of the 'Provencal fountain' and it was such a beautiful display. They are priced at Rs 3990 each and honestly, I didn't expect them to be so big! One bottle of 300 ml is definitely going to last for ages. Out of all three, my favorite was Eau Ravissante, a fresh, crisp mix of floral and fruity scents. Definitely getting that for myself next!





Another new launch, the Radiance and Color care range of shampoo, conditioner and masque introduces a new solution of a mix of five essential oils (geranium, palmarosa, bergamot, rosemary and cedar) and grape seed extract to keep colored hair beautiful and shiny. Sunetra was very sweet to give me a sample of the shampoo and the conditioner inside a beauty bag, courtesy the L'Occitane team. So watch out for a review of these soon!





Visiting the L'Occitane store is always a pleasure and my trip yesterday was no exception. Thank you so much Sunetra and Hirak for helping me out with details of the various products and for letting me take pictures. If you happen to be in Kolkata and want to experience the luxury of L'occitane, do visit the store at Shoppers Stop South City Mall, Block 375 - Prince Anwar Shah Road, Jadavpur. It's open from 11.00 a.m - 9.00 p.m. And while you are there, say hi to this wonderful guy and girl from me:)


Hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I liked checking out the store. Don't forget to leave your comments and let me know what you think of the L'Occitane stores :)

Love

D

7 comments:

Shabbygd said...

Shoppers Stop , my family store . .:)
I call this store my home cause I visit it like 3 days a week. And yes the L'Occitane counter seems to change with season. And I just love their products . .Nice review :)

Rayconnect said...

woww!! wish there were such shops in my city:)

Poutpretty said...

Its a really pretty store. Very eye catching :)

Shourima Ghosh said...

wow!!! feel like buying everything!

Poutpretty said...

Thanks girl :)..Wow 3 times a week!! You are really a true fan :D

Poutpretty said...

I knoww...everything looks so good!

Shabbygd said...

My house is near Anwar Shah and my College too so I keep strolling there. Ya I like Shopper's Stop as I think they have a good collection of brands and till now I have never faced any problems with a purchase . .:)