Wednesday 4 July 2012

6 Makeup Tips You Haven't Heard Before



Hey Pretties


I was reading an article today on the 'never before revealed' secrets of some famous makeup artists and just had to share them with you. They do appear slightly bizarre but apparently the MUAs swear by these tricks. The ones listed below are those that I found interesting and worth trying out. Read on to find out what they are......

Ditch the oil slick
To keep shine in check, Revlon Global Artistic Director Gucci Westman always keeps blotting papers on hand. But in a pinch, she has an unusual way to keep oil at bay. "Believe it or not," she says, "I sometimes put deodorant on my finger and dab under my eyes and t-zone to help create a matte look." ...Hmmm really??? 

Go for sheer foundation
Adding aloe to foundation gives it excellent slip, says makeup artist Brett Freedman, who's helped women like Vanessa Hudgens and Leighton Meester get gorgeous. "Sheer out your favorite base by adding a half a pea size of aloe to your foundation before you apply," he explains. "Also, you can apply aloe to your face and while still dewy, spread on a little foundation. You're ready for Summer!".....This one is my fav! Will put my alove vera tree to good use now!

Style your brows, size up your eyes
Doug Howell, Nars makeup artist, has an easy trick for making eyes stand out more. "Use a powder to define the entire brow, but give extra attention to the center arch area of the brow," he says. "Since this is the highest area of the brow, it tricks people's eyes into thinking your eyes look bigger." Use a brow brush to apply powder eye shadows that correspond with your hair color. He recommends Nars single eye shadows in these shades: Blondie for lighter hair, Bali for medium hair, and Coconut Grove for dark hair. I have pretty good brows, touch wood! so don't really do anything to them but gals who do, please try this one out and let me know if it works!

Create a wet look — for your lashes
"There's nothing sexier than the way lashes group together when they’re wet, like after getting out of a pool," says MAC Senior Artist Victor Cembellin. "Here’s the secret to the look: Apply MAC Brow Set in Clear to the eyelashes first, and then top with a coat of black mascara." The result: grouped, wet-look, sexy lashes. I don't have the Brow Set but I do apply clear mascara before the black one and the result is pretty good..Can vouch for this tip. I'm sure a lot of you do this as well.

Leave your lipstick in place
The same product can be used to keep lipstick in check, says MAC Senior Artist Louise Zizzo. "MAC Brow Set in Clear used around the rim of the mouth will help prevent lipstick from bleeding," she explains....My second fav tip:))

Get Bambi lashes without mascara
You don't need mascara to make your eyelashes stand out, says Mark celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh, who has worked with actors including Emma Stone and Ashley Greene. Just add eyeliner, she says: "To get voluminous-looking lashes, apply dark brown or black waterproof eyeliner to the upper rim of your eye — not on top of the lashes, but in between and underneath them. This gives the illusion of thicker, fuller lashes without having a lined eye."...Awesome tip but can get messy I'm thinking??

So what do you think? Worth trying? Do comment and let me know :))

XOXO

7 comments:

Ritu said...

awesome write-up.... following you!
check out my blog too, and follow if you like it: http://theduskyindianbeauty.blogspot.in/

Vanu said...

Hey!
I like dis article. Informative.
following u gal.
Check out my blog too, and follow if you like http://beautifulsheforever.blogspot.in

Vanu said...

Hey!
I like dis article. Informative.
following u gal.
Check out my blog too, and follow if you like http://beautifulsheforever.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Ritu and Vanu for liking the post and following me..You have awesome blogs yourself! Following you back :)

Nidhi Pandey said...

Hey I got a question which clear mascara r u using? n which ones r available on online stores?

Unknown said...

Hey Nidhi..I use the Avon Simply Pretty Clear Mascara which is good value for money. Even Oriflame has one..Beauty lash I think its called. Dont think Ive seen a clear mascara on the websites. But ill check and let you know

Nidhi Pandey said...

Thanks!