Tuesday 17 June 2014

My Red Carpet Look with L'Oreal L'Or Lumiere Collection

Every year before the Cannes film festival, L'Oreal launches a special collection and in 2014 it is the turn of L'Or Lumiere. The collection includes the Moist Matte lipsticks, Super Liner Gelmatic Pen liners, Infallible eye shadows and Color Riche nail polishes. While the eye shadows and nail polishes have been around for sometime, the moist matte lipsticks and the gelmatic liners are new additions and both of them are awesome!

L'Oreal L'Or Lumiere Collection




The Moist Matte lipsticks are by far the best lipsticks I have tried in quite sometime. Matte lipsticks are usually drying and they drag on the lips but the texture of these is just amazing. I have tried two shades - Glamour Fuchsia and Flaming Kiss and I'm just wowed by the texture, pigmentation and staying power. They are so smooth and just glide on like butter. Only problem is that the base is kinda weak which can lead to the lipstick breaking off but that might not be the case in all of them. I plan on getting a few more shades from this range specially the most popular one , Lincoln Rose! 



Red lips are a red carpet staple and I have used the shade Flaming Kiss as the focus of my red carpet look. The look is not inspired by anyone in particular but if I were to go to any special event, this is probably what I will wear. I have kept the face and eye makeup minimal and used only foundation, concealer, blush, a brown eye shadow, black liner on the upper lash line , mascara and added a pop of turquoise to the lower lash line with the Turbo Turquoise Gelmatic Liner. The liner is very well pigmented and really soft. The color is a beautiful turquoise with a slight metallic sheen and I love the overall effect. This is a look which is glamorous yet simple and very easy to achieve.

I was actually supposed to create an entire red carpet look with the outfit and accessories but none of the pictures came out well so focused only on the face makeup. Do let me know if you like it. 





No comments: