Monday 28 April 2014

My Favorite Celebrity Looks from the IIFA 2014 Main Awards Night

The IIFA Awards took place in Tampa Bay, Florida over the weekend and the Bollywood brigade was dressed to kill. The main awards ceremony took place yesterday and amidst all the celebrities, a few really stood out for me for their dress and makeup.

First up is Priyanka Chopra wearing a Monique Lhuillier gown with smokey eyes and nude lips. I know I've complained endlessly about Priyanka's makeup in the past but this look is absolutely flawless. The gown is stunning and so is the makeup and updo to go with it. The lipstick is very similar to MAC's Creme in Your Coffee and if you are looking for a neutral shade in MAC, do check it out! My only gripe with the styling is the addition of the gold cuffs. I think they were unnecessary. What are your thoughts?

Priyanka Chopra at IIFA 2014
Click the link to see my other favorites ..

Next is Deepika Padukone wearing a gorgeous Zuhair Murad gown. Deepika can look good in a sack and she does full justice to this gown. Love her puffy updo but I'm on the fence with the lips. The dark berry red lips looked great on her with that gold outfit she wore a day earlier but this is too jarring. A lighter color on the lips and something on the lower lash line would have been perfect. What do you think?

Deepika Padukone at IIFA 2014

Third on my list is Kareena Kapoor wearing a very interesting Giorgio Armani gown. Kareena's skin does not really need makeup and I love the brown smokey eyes and glossy lips she is sporting. She could have gone with maybe a slightly darker neutral shade of gloss but for me this works too. Her skin looks flawless and radiant and I love it. The dress did not need any accessories and I'm glad she did not go with anything except for a watch. What do you think? Too pale or just perfect?




Last and definitely not the least is Sridevi. Looking at her in films like Himmatwala etc no one could have thought that she would age so well. This lady has been wowing us with her choice of clothes and makeup for sometime now and I really want to know who her stylist is. At the IIFA, she chose to wear a stunning Oscar De La Renta gown and the entire look is just perfect for someone of her age. From the updo, the soft makeup, the minimal accessories I loved everything.  She looks so regal and beautiful!


I think MAC was the makeup partner for the IIFA awards this year and their artists, as usual did a great job. Smokey eyes, glowing skin and neutral glossy lips ruled the green carpet with practically all celebs sporting them. Updos were the most preferred with gowns. Haven't seen anyone with Indian wear which is quite sad.

Which celeb do you think looked the best at IIFA? Do share in the comments below.

Image Credits - highheelconfidential.com/Viral Bhayani

No comments: