Tuesday 22 April 2014

L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Colors Bella and Juliette - Review, Swatches, FOTD



Last week I received a few products from L'Oreal's Rouge and Shine Caresse range and these are really all that I've been wearing now. In this POST I've already shared my thoughts on the two lipsticks from the Rouge Caresse range. Today its the turn of Bella and Juliette from L'Oreal's Shine Caresse range. Read on to know what I think of them and to see the swatches.

The first lip color that I tried from the Shine Caresse range was Eve, a berry fuchsia and you can read about the review HERE.

The Shine Caresse lip stains are basically the combination of a lip stain and lip gloss and are supposed to be as good as the YSL glossy stains. I haven't used YSL so cannot compare but the L'Oreal ones are quite lovely. I got the shades Juliette, a bright reddish orange and Bella, a pretty peachy brown (looks pink in the tube though) and they are priced at Rs 499 each.

L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Colors Bella and Juliette

Left - Juliette, Right - Bella

I love the packaging of the Shine Caresse lip colors. They look stylish and sleek and I really like the leaf shaped applicator inside.It helps to deposit the product evenly and since it has a pointed tip lining lips is quite convenient as well.

The texture of these lip colors is watery, lightweight, non-sticky and gives a wet shine to the lips. I was not very fond of Eve when I had bought it in January. The color was more berry than fuchsia on my lips, applied unevenly and really dried out my lips. But maybe now because its summer and my lips are not dry anymore, Bella and Juliette are performing rather well.

Left - Bella, Right - Juliette


Bella on my lips


Juliette on my lips

Bella was one shade that everyone was raving about when this range launched but I was apprehensive of whether the color would show up on me but thankfully it does. At first it comes across as sheer but after 2-3 swipes, the color becomes more prominent. If you have very pigmented lips, its best to avoid Bella on its own as it won't show up. However you can always layer it on top of a lipstick to get that shine and increase the staying power of your lip color.

Juliette is much more pigmented and one swipe covers my lips in a beautiful reddish orange color. Like Bella, the texture is light and gives a nice shine to the lips. Won't say both shades are hydrating but they are not drying out my lips either. Also, these Shine Caresse lip colors last for a very long time. I get around 5 hours and they leave behind a stain.
Wearing Juliette
Wearing Bella

In a nutshell, here's what I think of the L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Colors Bella and Juliette:

1. Stylish and sleek packaging
2. Lovely lightweight texture
3. Non-sticky
4. Long Lasting and does not transfer
5. Gives a wet shine to the lips
6. Reasonably priced at Rs 499
7. Bella might not show up on very pigmented lips

I am loving these two lip colors and would definitely recommend you to try these out. They look lovely on the lips! For more information on the Caresse range, click here.

Have you tried any shade from the L'Oreal Shine Caresse range? What's your favorite?

P.S - Products sent by the brand. Honest review as always. 

No comments: