Friday 7 March 2014

MAC Spirit Lipstick - Review, Swatches


Usually I stay far away from nude lipstick shades and I'll always reach out for the bright pinks, corals and reds. But a few days back, I was going out for an event during the day and was wearing a bright blue top so thought of going light on the lips. To my dismay, I realized that I did not have even one nude lipstick in my collection! Not that I never had one. I bought Twig, Taupe, Hot Chocolate from MAC sometime back but then got bored of them and gave them away. That day, I went with a bright lip but two weekends later, I was in a MAC store trying out some nude shades for myself. I had made up my mind to stay away from the pinky nudes and get something more brown but after much deliberation, I came back with Spirit, a satin finish lipstick in a pinky brown/beige color. 


Satin finish from MAC is a big favorite of mine because it's a combination of the matte and a creamy finish. A lot of people find Satins to be drying but I don't face that problem.  MAC describes this formula as 'A lipstick formula which provides high color payoff and a semi-matte finish' and Spirit is no different. It is from MAC's permanent range and thankfully I paid the old price of Rs 990 for this but dunno how long the stores will still sell products at their old prices. 


MAC Satin Lipstick Spirit
Spirit is a light color but thankfully it does not wash me out as most nudes do. It covers lip pigmentation completely and goes opaque in a couple of swipes. I love the semi-matte finish and the fact that I get about 4 hours of wear time. On fairer skintones, the pink will show up much more but on me it's more of the beige. The only con about this lipstick is that it accentuates the lip lines but that honestly does not bother me much. 



Spirit is a great color to wear if you are going in for heavy eyes or just want a day time lipstick. On skin tones darker than NC43, it might wash you out if worn on it's own so do pair it with a lip liner or lip gloss. On lighter and medium skin tones, this will look great. Check it out at a MAC store when you go next. 

What is your favorite nude lipstick? Do share in the comments below.


No comments: