Friday 14 February 2014

A visit to the new Crabtree & Evelyn store at Quest Mall, Kolkata

I first got to know about Crabtree & Evelyn products around 5-6 yrs back when I went to Singapore. I was roaming around a mall and came across this beautifully decorated store with body and bath products inside it. The store looked so pretty that I had to go inside and take a look at what they had to offer. I tried out the hand creams and lotions and I was hooked! Everytime I went back, I made it a point to visit a Crabtree & Evelyn store and I must say, very few brands can make their products look as pretty as they can. 

Crabtree & Evelyn store, Quest Mall, Kolkata

Crabtree & Evelyn launched their first store in Delhi in 2012 and it has taken them two years to come to my city. The Kolkata store opened its doors on 3rd Feb and I paid a visit this week to see what's on offer. The store at Quest Mall is located on the 2nd floor and the decor will surely draw you in. Like all stores, this one also has a very pleasant and luxe environment. 



I was met by the lovely SA Maria who gave me a background of the brand and their range of products. The label founded in 1972 by Cyrus Harvey is famous for its natural range of soaps, lotions, shower gels, perfumes, foot care products etc. But what it is most famous for is definitely their hand care range with floral and fruit-based products. All Crabtree & Evelyn stores provide customers complimentary hand therapy and manicure sessions. On Mondays, you can make an appointment for a manicure and on any other day, all walk-ins get to experience a hand wash, scrub and massage. Even though, I did not go on a Monday, Maria very kindly gave me a manicure using the signature Gardener's range of products. She started off by cutting, shaping and filing my nails and then she used a hand wash, a scrub and massaged my hands with the Gardener's hand cream. I could see an instant improvement in the texture of my hands. They looked brighter and felt so soft. Also, can you believe that the smell lasted till the next day?? 



Other products I loved were from the Pomegranate and Rosewater range. They smell absolutely divine! Crabtree & Evelyn is a luxury brand so prices are definitely on the higher side but the quality of the products is beyond amazing. Just go to a store to experience them and I'm sure you will fall in love. There are a number of gifting options available in the store and right now, if you spend over Rs 4500, you get a free Satya Paul scarf or a pocket square. 

I'm so glad that brands like Crabtree & Evelyn are finally making an appearance in Kolkata and I definitely see myself stocking up on quite a few of the C & E products. Do visit the Quest mall store to experience the luxurious Crabtree & Evelyn products. You won't be disappointed!

Here are some more pics of the store.








No comments: