Monday 11 November 2013

Nivea Lip Butter Caramel Cream - Review

Love butter cookies, vanilla cookies, creme brulee, waffles and caramel custard? Want to try out a lip balm that will make you reach out for either one of these? Then go to a store or get online and pick up the new Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream ASAP!  
 

Nivea lip balms have always been a favorite of mine but this one is just awesome! The balm comes in a round tin and looks super cute. Open the lid and you get hit by this delicious sweet smell that to me is more freshly baked butter cookies or pancake batter than caramel but yummy nevertheless. I carry the tin in my bag and reach out for it so many times during the day just for that smell.  


As much as I love tin packaging for lip balms, just hate putting my finger inside to get the product out. So I just apply it straight out of the tin. Hold it to my lips and apply like a lipstick. Weird I know but that's me! Even though it looks very creamy in the tin, on the lips the balm feels light and super moisturising. Thankfully not greasy, gooey or sticky. What I like about the balm is that it keeps the lips hydrated for a long time after application. If you have really dry and chapped lips, you will have to reapply a few more times but it does a pretty good job.  I apply the lip balm before going off to sleep and wake up 8 hrs later to soft and hydrated lips.  


In India, the Caramel Cream balm comes in another variant - Raspberry Rose and these are priced at Rs 189 each. Expensive for a lip balm but then 16.7 gm will last for months unless like me, you use it around four to five times a day. Caramel Cream is definitely gonna be my winter 2013 staple and once you try it out will probably be yours too. If only it tasted like butter cookies too!

What's your favorite lip balm?


No comments: