Monday 7 October 2013

NARS Casablanca Lipstick - Review, Swatches

While going through my lipstick stash last week, I realized that I have a lot of shades that I've not yet shown you all so expect quite a few lipstick reviews over the next couple of weeks. Starting off the 'lipstick fest' with a classic shade, Casablanca by NARS.


NARS describes Casablanca as a 'classic, full bodied coral' but it's actually a very pretty subtle peachy orange. Out of all lipstick colors, the one I find toughest to carry off is an orange. When there was this huge craze over the Colorbar Velvet Matte lipstick Obsessed Orange, I got caught up in it too and bought one. And I hated it coz it did nothing for my skin tone. It made me look dull and sallow and I've never worn the color since. Buying the perfect orange is not an easy task but I can guarantee that you can buy Casablanca with your eyes closed. The color is not too bright nor too light but somewhere in the middle and is perfect for warm skin tones.



I am a big fan of NARS lipsticks specially for their texture and finish. Casablanca has a satin finish, gives a slight sheen to the lips and has very good pigmentation. It feels weightless on the lips and is extremely comfortable to wear. The color lasts for around four hours on me and does not make my lips dry but neither is it moisturising.



If you are looking for a subtle orange no shade can be better than Casablanca. I bought it from strawberrynet about a month back for around Rs 1700. It's expensive yes but every NARS lipstick is so worth the price. Unfortunately strawberrynet does not have it right now but they do stock up frequently so keep a watch out.

What is your favorite orange lipstick? Do share in the Comments below.


No comments: