Wednesday 2 October 2013

MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick - Review, Swatch

MAC is repromoting the first Viva Glam lipstick in its Viva Glam The Original Collection for Fall 2013 so I thought I should remind all of you pretties what a gorgeous shade this is. This lipstick was first launched in 1994 (yes it's really been around that long!) and featured the original Viva Glam girl, Ru Paul. Every Viva Glam lipstick sold goes to the MAC Aids Fund to help people living with HIV/AIDS so when you buy one, you do contribute in a small way towards making the world AIDS free.


MAC has made many reds after Viva Glam I but this one is a true classic. It's universally flattering and this deep retro red lipstick looks gorgeous on everyone. The red has a bit of brown in it therefore making it even more suitable for warmer skin tones. The packaging of all Viva Glams is different from the usual all black bullet. This one has a bit of red in it as well.


The lipstick has a matte finish but feels so comfortable on the lips. No dryness, no tugging, no pulling at all. It just glides on the lips beautifully and stays put for nearly 6-7 hours. I've already mentioned what a gorgeous red this is and the pigmentation is also super. One swipe is all you need to get classic red lips and I can assure you whenever you wear this, you are bound to get compliments. I get them all the time and I've also had random women coming up to me and asking what shade I've worn.



This is the lipstick that started it all so it is pretty special. MAC has also launched the Viva Glam I lip glass in The Original Collection so you might want to check that out too if you are a fan of the lip glass formula. Amidst the Limited Edition launches and the permanent shades we tend to ignore the Viva Glams but there are some real gems in there. And the best of the lot to me is Viva Glam I. Do check it out next time you are at a store. Price is Rs 990.

Have you tried any of the Viva Glams?

No comments: