Wednesday 23 October 2013

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick Dangerous - Review, Swatches

Hey Pretties, sorry for MIA for the last few days but I was involved in something really interesting. Attended a workshop in Mumbai along with 19 other beauty and fashion bloggers to learn more about the art of video blogging. The workshop was organised by Be Beautiful (of Hindustan Lever) and You Tube and was super fun. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt, met fellow beauty bloggers Ana, Jyoti, Ritu, Deeptima, Apurva, Samyukta, Hina, Shanaya and a few fashion bloggers, got some good tips on vlogging, ate a lot, spoke a lot and the icing on the cake - got to see Akshay Kumar, Anil Kapoor, Sridevi up, close and personal. I have put up pictures of the event on my Fb page so do check them out if you are interested.


Coming to today's post, I'm gonna talk about something very dangerous! Nah, don't get scared. Not going to give you any gyan on beauty or health hazards. Just gonna talk about my favorite thing in the world and guess what that is? The Lipstick of course! And this one is a color that came out with the MAC Retro Matte collection a few weeks back. The shade is Dangerous and I freaking love it!


The color is an orange red matte and a close cousin of the famous Lady Danger, which is brighter and has more orange. I picked up five shades from this collection - All Fired Up, Relentlessly Red, Flat Out Fabulous, Dangerous and Fixed on Drama. While All Fired Up and Flat Out Fabulous is still with my sis-in-law in Singapore, the rest are with me and I love the colors. By now, all of you know that the Retro Mattes have a super matte finish and gets really dry. You do need to prep your lips before applying these, else your lips will just look terrible. Make sure to exfoliate and apply a lip balm before putting on the lipstick.


Dangerous is a bright orange with red undertones and will go very well on all complexions. If you love reds and oranges but also want something that's not too bright like Lady Danger, go for Dangerous. If you can still manage to get one at the store, that is. Not sure if MAC plans to make the shade permanent but I really hope they do coz it's a beautiful color. The texture even though is dry does not tug or pull while applying. Don't expect it to glide on the lips but it's not too uncomfortable either. The color stays on for nearly 5-6 hours on me and on fading, leaves a light orange stain. After a couple of hours it does get very dry so a lip balm is very much needed.


This is how Dangerous looks on me. The picture was taken after an entire night of pandal hopping and no sleep hence the zombie like look. And my eyes are really not disproportionate....just due to lack of sleep :D


Did you buy any of the Retro Mattes? Which one is your favorite?

No comments: