Wednesday 16 October 2013

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick Midnight Crush - Review, Swatch

Like I said some days back, I have quite a few lipsticks to show all of you so do get ready for a major lipstick fest on the blog. I was actually supposed to start it off last week but got completely engrossed in the Durga Puja madness and everything took a backseat. I had a fabulous time and it was four days of full on masti!. Eminent journalist Vir Sanghvi once wrote this about Durga Puja in Kolkata and it beautifully summarizes what the festival means to us … “the essence of Puja is that all the passions of Bengal converge: emotion, culture, the love of life, the warmth of being together, the joy of celebration, the pride in artistic expression and yes, the cult of the goddess. It may be about religion. But it is much more than just worship…..” I ask all of you to come to Kolkata once during the Pujas. Believe me, it will be an experience you will never forget J


Apart from non-stop hogging and having fun, the Pujas are also about looking your best and one product that helped me do that is the Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick in # 383N Midnight Crush. I got it a week before the Pujas and been wearing it practically everyday since then. A lot has been written about the Rouge in Love lipsticks and believe me it’s absolutely worth the hype.  It's the best I've tried till date. Way better than MAC or NARS!


Midnight Crush is a bright raspberry color that is absolutely gorgeous. Lancome says that the Rouge in Love lipsticks:

·         Have an airy texture that glides on effortlessly & comfortable to wear.
·         Contains moisturizing & repairing oils that soften & smooth lips.
·         Formulated with new generation polymer that ensures long-lasting color.
·         Loaded with radiant silicon for a glossy effect.
·         Offers medium to full coverage & durable luster


The lipstick truly lives up to each one of the claims listed above. It looks luxurious and feels luxurious on the lips, glides on effortlessly, is richly pigmented so you need only one swipe to cover your lips, gives a beautiful glossy finish and stays on for nearly 5 hours. I’m usually not too fond of scented lipsticks but love the faint berry smell of this.
The Rouge in Love lipsticks comes in a wide variety of colors and finishes.
  • JOLIS MATINS: Fresh, light shades, subtle, soft brilliant color. (Identified with the letter "M" in the shade number)
  • BOUDOIR TIME: Flashy, trendy shades, bright color reflection. (Identified with the letter "B" in the shade number) 
  • TONIGHT IS MY NIGHT: Deep, head spinning shades, deep lacquered effect, luminous color. (Identified with the letter "N" in the shade number)
This is how Midnight Crush looks on me :D. 


Now a decent lip swatch.


Midnight Crush has made me a fan and now I’m obsessed with the RIL's!. I don’t have a Lancome store in Kolkata so strawberrynet is my only source of buying them. There, the price is around Rs 1920 (the price changes depending on the dollar rate) but I do get a 10% off on all purchases. In stores, I think it’s around 1600. The lipsticks are definitely expensive but totally worth the price. Highly recommended!

If you want to buy Midnight Crush from strawberrynet, click here

Have you tried any Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick? Do share in the comments below.

No comments: