Tuesday 10 September 2013

Sleek Make-Up Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Cream Fandango Purple - Review, Swatches

When I got to know about Sleek Make-Up's newest lip offering, the Matte Me Lip creams, my heart literally skipped a beat. Why? Coz I am a huuuge fan of matte lipsticks, the shades looked stunning and the UK bloggers were raving about this product. I was specially drawn to two colors - Fandango Purple and Rioja Red and was desperate to lay my hands on them. The only hitch in the entire acquiring process? Sleek Makeup hates my address and I never get anything delivered. I've lost three parcels since last year so even though I was desperate, I decided control my craving and instead vent my anger and frustration to the bestie who lives in London. That was probably the best thing I did coz my sweetie bought Fandango Purple and sent it to me. It did take 1.5 months to reach (!!) and I had absolutely no clue that she sent it but you can imagine the expression on my face when I opened the package :D..


The Matte Me lip creams are basically liquid lipsticks that dry out to a matte finish. There are 6 shades in this range and most of them are very bright colors. The packaging is a typical gloss style tube with a doe-foot applicator that does the job of spreading the cream evenly on the lips.Fandango Purple is a bright purple pink/fuchsia color that is beautiful and unique.



The texture of the lip cream is very light and smooth and it applies evenly. It feels weightless and the color payoff is super. One swipe is basically all you need for luscious lips. The cream dries out to a matte finish pretty fast and then it practically does not budge for 3-4 hrs without flaking, caking or smudging (without eating or drinking). Else, it stays for about 5 hrs and then fades away leaving a pretty pink stain. The first time I used this on un- prepped lips and it felt really dry. The next time, I used a lip balm, blotted it and then applied Fandango Purple and it was fine. You do need a balm with this unless you want your pout to look dry and parched.

Creamy when first applied
Dries to a matte finish soon after
Here's how it looks on me.



If you are looking for a matte lip color, Sleek Makeup's Matte Me Lip cream is by far one of the best mattes to try. Awesome pigmentation, beautiful bright color and really long lasting. You can buy them from Sleek's website for $6.99 exclusive of $2 shipping cost. I read somewhere that this range is Limited Edition so you might want to hurry up. Now I just pray Rioja Red reaches me soon!

Have you tried any of Sleek's Matte Me lip creams?


No comments: