Saturday 21 September 2013

Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hr Formula - Review

When Maybelline first launched the 6 hr formula of the Colossal Kajal, it had become my HG kajal for a number of reasons - it was very black, went on smoothly, stayed on the lids for 6 hrs and more without smudging, did not irritate my eyes and it was very cheap (they did jack up the prices later but it was still pretty cheap). This was the only eye liner/kajal I was using and I must have repurchased it around 10-12 times till one day I realized that I should venture out and try something new. In came brands like Faces, Ikonic and Sephora and I gradually eased out of my relationship with Colossal. But now, it has come back in a new avatar and it has managed to win me back again. 



I'm on my second Colossal Kajal new 12 hr formula and it is better than the earlier version. I don't find any difference in pigmentation but this one is creamier and softer and definitely lasts longer. I've not worn this for 12 hrs so dunno if it will last that long but I've worn it for 9 and it's performance was impressive. There was slight smudging on the waterline specially towards the inner corners but on the upper lids, Colossal was intact after 9 hrs. I don't have oily lids so liners and pencils usually last longer on me but if you have oily lids, this might start to smudge earlier. My only problem with the kajal is that it gets over very fast and I hope we get more quantity. My first one did not even last a month and it's not as if I was using a lot of it everyday. 




Leaving the getting over soon part aside, I really like this newer version. The quality is great and so is the price. If you are looking for a budget-friendly eye liner/kajal, go for the new Maybelline Colossal 12 hr formula. Don't think you will find a better one at this price. 






The Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hr Formula is priced at Rs 175. For more details, click this link - http://maybelline.co.in/catalog/product.aspx?prdcode=P5025101&catcode=F1_Kajal

Have you tried the new Maybelline the Colossal Kajal? Which is your favorite kohl? Share your comments below!

PS - Sample provided by brand PR. Review 100% mine

No comments: