Wednesday 15 May 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick No 19 - Review and Swatches

Apart from a kick-ass red lipstick, another shade that all of us, who are above NC 40 are constantly on the lookout for is that perfect neutral lipstick that we can wear without looking sick and washed out. My favorite neutral lipstick till date has been Colorbar's Bare in the Velvet Matte range but I think I've found one that supersedes my love for Bare. And that lipstick is the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in no 19. It is a lipstick that costs, amazingly, only Rs 215 and I just can't stop raving about it. Special thanks to slassy.com for bringing Rimmel to us and for keeping the prices so low. You guys rock!


I love the packaging of this lipstick coz it looks both cute and classy at the same time. Kate's signature is in the color of the lipstick on a black matte background so when you take a look at it, you can get a fair idea of the color that is inside. The shade is a brownish pink that's perfect for everyday wear. These kind of shades usually wash me out but this one doesn't so I can say with full conviction that this will work on every skin tone, either below NC42 or above.


The lipstick is very creamy and glides on the lips but thankfully its not as creamy as say the NYX Round ones, so they don't make a mess of themselves in the bullet. Really impressed by the pigmentation and it only takes one swipe to go opaque. It does not dry out the lips and on me, lasts for about 4 hours. On the lips, the finish is slightly glossy, which fades away though after about an hour or so. This is a non-staining lipstick. The only thing that I do not like about No 19 is the awful strong sweet smell. I'm not a fan of strong fragrances in makeup so thumbs down for that.





Overall I would say that I've become a fan of this lipstick and I'm definitely looking at picking up a few more Kate Moss's, specially no 20 which is a hot pink shade. If you are on the lookout for a color to wear to work or just an everyday kinda shade, then go check out No 19. The color is pretty, pigmentation is very good, the texture is creamy and moisturising and lasts for a decent amount of time. And the best thing is that it's priced at only Rs 215! I bought it from slassy.com, where unfortunately these lipsticks are more or less always out of stock. If you have a Parcos in your city, think you can get it there.

Have you tried any of the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks?

No comments: