Thursday 11 April 2013

Maybelline Hyper Glossy Runway Pop Liquid Liner in Khaki - Review, Swatch, EOTD

There was a time when I used liquid eye liner everyday and the Lakme one was a big favorite of mine. That was nearly 8-9 years ago and there were not many options available. Then came into the picture eye pencils and after I discovered the convenience of using them, the liquid liner was soon forgotten. But then, I'm a 100% pukka Gemini and get bored with using the same thing for a long time so I've recently again started to experiment with liquid liners. I've been using and loving the Colorbar Ultimate Liner and the Maybelline Hypersharp Liner and have now added the new Maybelline Hyper Glossy Runway Pop Liquid Liner to my current list of favorites.


The Hyper Glossy Pop Liquid Liner has been launched in three shades - Khaki, Orange and Teal Blue and I'm so glad that I was sent the Khaki one to try out. No doubt the other two colors are beautiful but I'm not sure if I can carry them off on my skin tone. Khaki is a safe color, can be used by everyone and is quite versatile. One can wear it outside and even to work without looking too weird. Since the name is pop liquid liner, I was expecting the color to be very bright. But it's a muted shade of olive green which looks really nice on the lids. 



I'm not going into the details of packaging because you must have read about it in numerous blogs by now. I'll just tell you why I like this liner.
  • The color is pretty, suits my skin tone and one that I can carry off 
  • The brush is long, sturdy and perfect for drawing either a thin or thick line according to my preference. It's not hard or stiff and does not pose a danger to the eyes unlike the Faces Ultime Pro Shine On Liner!
  • Dries out fast after applying
  • Pigmentation is not too bad. It takes me 2 swipes to get good color
  • It stays on the lids for nearly 8-9 hours without fading or smudging, provided you leave your eyes alone. Rubbing them will lead to the liner peeling off
  • Well pigmented and gives a nice glossy finish. Don't expect your lids to shine very bright though
  • Does not sting eyes
  • A makeup remover easily takes it off
  • Reasonably priced at Rs 350 for 3g


If you are looking for a pop of color on your lids but do not want something that's too dramatic, Khaki is the perfect choice. It's pretty, it's subtle and it stays for a really long time. Totally recommend!

Have you tried any of the Hyper Glossy Pop Liquid Liner shades? What's your favorite eye liner/pencil color?

P.S - Sample sent by brand PR. Review 100% mine.

No comments: