Tuesday 26 March 2013

Soap and Glory Girligo Body Moisturising Mist - Review, Pics

This is a product that I had actually bought nearly a year ago so it is by no means a new purchase. I had gone to Singapore to visit my brother, sis-in-law and niece and obviously I had to go to Sephora at Orchard Road. I haven't been to the Sephora India store yet (but I will this weekend. Yayyyy!), but the one at Singapore is huuge! They have more than one store there but Ive only been to the Orchard road one. The range of products there is mind boggling and since I was there during Christmas, the store was decorated wonderfully and there were quite a few offers going on. Along with some makeup stuff I bought this Soap & Glory Girligo Moisturising Mist. I bought it for three reasons - the super cute packaging, sweet smell and the fact that I had not tried a moisturising mist ever so it seemed a pretty unique thing to get. Unfortunately, I don't remember how much I paid for it but I can share with you my thoughts on this product if you wish to get it. 


Soap and Glory is a British bath, beauty and body care brand that not only makes some pretty amazing products but makes sure that these products look great as well. The packaging is pink, fun, quirky and reminiscent of soap ads from the 1950's. Like all their other products, Girligo looks cute as well. It's a white bottle with a spray nozzle and the shape reminds me of a Coke bottle coz its pretty similar. Narrow at the top and wider at the bottom. 


The mist contains the tempting blend of bergamot, peach, strawberry, jasmine, mandarin and musk. And according to S & G, sensible men have been driven to dizziness by this moisturising scented mist. They have also mentioned that it was safety tested on so many women in the UK that it will make your head spin! I'm not too fond of very sweet smelling fragrances but thankfully this is not sickeningly sweet. Kinda difficult to pinpoint the exact smell though but peach and strawberry are predominant. It's sweet without being overpowering and does not smell artificial at all.Love it!

The mist is pretty different from the usual perfumes and body mists. Since this is moisturising, the liquid is of a milky white color and of thin consistency, very similar to spray on sunscreens. You will need to rub the product in to the skin after applying. The good thing is that it absorbs in to the skin pretty fast, is not sticky nor does it stain. If you have dry skin and looking for a product that lightly moisturizes and gives off a nice smelling fragrance, this should be good for you, specially in summer. Don't bet on this to give you proper hydration in winter though. For oily skin, it's a good bet in winter. For summer, I wouldn't think so. You will be better off using the usual body mists. 



The fragrance is unfortunately not very long lasting but then any perfume lasts on me for only about a couple of hours. This one does the same. 

I like this product but would definitely not say that it's a must have, rather a good to have. In summers, might feel slightly heavy on the skin so would recommend you use it in winter for light moisturising and to smell yummy. Soap and Glory is now available in Sephora India's store in Delhi but have no idea about the price there. It's gonna be on the expensive side, that I'm sure of. 

Have you used any Soap and Glory product?

No comments: