Friday 22 March 2013

MAC Party Parrot Lipstick - Review, Swatches

MAC is out with the new Strength collection and in it they are bringing back one of my most favorite lipsticks till date, the wonderfully loud and bright, Party Parrot. Last year when it first came out with the Iris Apfel collection, I had practically gone crazy trying to get my hands on this beauty. I was out of town when the collection came out in Kolkata and I threatened my friend with dire consequences if she did not go to the store the very first day and get it for me. Apart from the fact that I love the color and the finish of this, Party Parrot is also special to me for another reason. It's review is my first ever post in the blogging world! I started Pout Pretty on 24th June and my first post was on Party Parrot. Different story that now when I read that post, I cringe in horror!


Since you have an opportunity to get your hands on this baby now, here I am with an updated and much better (hopefully) review of Party Parrot. The lipstick is a matte finish and described by MAC as a bright red-pink. It's a neon red-pink but the pink is much more prominent than the red. I must say that even though it's a matte, the lipstick is so soft and just glides on the lips. Absolutely no tugging, pulling or drying. The color pay off is amazing and one swipe is all that you need to go opaque or cover any pigmentation. Even though the finish is matte, on the lips it gives off a subtle sheen that adds to the beauty of the color itself. The only con that I can think of is that it does not last on me for as long as the other MAC mattes do. I get max 4 hours of wear time after which the color fades away leaving a pretty pink tint on the lips.


One of the major reasons why I love Party Parrot so much is definitely because of the color. It's so unique! Colorbar did try to come up with a dupe of Party Parrot with Passionate but no way is it even close to the original. I know that the color will also be a reason why a lot of you who are not into neons and loud colors will stay away from this one. I agree there is nothing subtle about this shade but if you want something bright for summer and open to experimenting, do at least try it out in the stores. On fair skin, it will look lovely. Not so much on skin tones darker than NC 45 though. Will be too neon and 'In Your Face' but if you can carry it off, go buy it girl.




When I bought it last year, the price was Rs 990 but no idea what the MAC lipsticks cost now after they raised their prices (why o why MAC!!!!!) Despite the price rise, I know for sure that this shade is selling like hot cakes so you better get a hold of it fast!

Have you tried Party Parrot or any other lipstick from the Strength collection?

No comments: