Sunday 17 February 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous - Review, FOTD

Revlon has recently launched the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in stores and if you haven't got one yet, I'd  say you definitely should. I like these much better than the lip butters coz of these reasons - they are way more pigmented, the chubby crayon like packaging is super cute and travel friendly and it helps that it's a retractable stick so no issues with sharpening and the color lasts on the lips longer than the lip butters. I have two of these balm stains now, one, a bright fuchsia ,Lovesick which I reviewed here and I got another one last week that I'll talk about today. A bright coral orange called Rendezvous. 


Rendezvous is a lovely bright slightly sheer glossy coral orange stain. For those who are afraid of orange lipstick, try using this to get accustomed to the color. It looks very bright in the tube but on the lips, the orange is much more muted. You can always build up the color though based on your preference but since this is essentially a lip balm + stain, it will not be as bright as a lipstick.



Like I mentioned in my earlier review of Lovesick, the one thing that I dislike about the balm stains is the smell. There are so many pleasant fragrances. No idea why Revlon chose to go with a mint one. It smells of 'polo' and that is not something I like. In terms of moisturising the lips, it's definitely better than a lip stain as it does not make the lips dry but I would not call the balm stains super moisturising either. In this department  they are good but not super good! 

The Revlon balm stains are supposed to be dupes of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. I haven't tried those so can't comment but the Revlon ones are much more affordable at Rs 600 and has some really pretty colors. If you like lip stains, you should definitely give these a try as they stain the lips really well with a glossy sheen. The glossy finish wears off after sometime but the stain lasts on the lips for nearly 5 hours on me which is pretty good. No issues with bleeding or feathering either. Plus the lip balm is a very welcome addition to the formula.

Here's what I look like wearing Rendezvous..


Have you tried any of the Kissable Balm Stains?

2 comments:

seraphicgirl1986 said...

Looks good! I have the Victoria's secret ones, shall give this a try now!

Unknown said...

Really pretty shade ♥