Saturday 9 February 2013

My Shopping Experience with Jabong.com

Like a lot of you, even I am an online shopping junkie. Ever since the bug hit me in 2011, I have been shopping online like crazy and one of my favorite pastimes have become searching for new sites to shop from and looking at the new products available. Jabong has been around for quite sometime now but somehow I've never really shopped from them which is pretty strange. Last week, I was looking to buy a pair of reasonably priced aviators for one of my friends and since Jabong was having a mega clearance sale, decided to check out their wares.


First of all, what I liked about the website was how easy it is to navigate, secondly, their mind boggling range of products, thirdly, the number of brands available, fourthly, that the products are available in a wide range of prices and last of all, the discounts on most products. You have reasonably priced to quite luxurious products, so there is something for all budgets which is absolutely fantastic. After spending nearly an hour just going through the site and deciding on which aviators to buy, I zoomed in on a pair of MTV dark green aviators. The MRP of the glasses is around Rs 4000 but after the discount, it was available at Rs 999. The glasses looked great to me and I immediately placed the order for a pair and chose the COD option. That's when I got to know that I would have to pay an additional Rs 39 for COD and honestly, I did not like that very much. I can't understand why there should be an extra charge for COD? Somehow the first impression that I get when I'm asked to pay more for COD is that the brand does not trust me and it's not a good feeling. Since I did not want to use my cards, I went ahead with the order.

In about 15 mins, I got a confirmation call from Jabong and I was informed that the product would reach me within the next 2-5 days. Since all websites deliver products to my address on the 3rd or 4th day of placing the order, I thought that would be the same with Jabong as well. I was very surprised and happy the next day when I got a sms saying that my order was on its way and that I should keep the amount ready. Whoa! 1 day delivery! Now that's super impressive!



The glasses were packed very securely and I liked that extra care was taken by marking the box fragile. Inside there was enough thermocol to prevent any sort of damage and the product itself was of great quality. Not cheap looking but quite a nice dupe of the Ray Ban aviators:)





To sum up, my first online shopping experience with Jabong was awesome. Super impressed by their customer service, speedy delivery and quality of products. Just wish that they remove the charge on COD. That's the only bit I did not like :(..Other than that, everything else is great. 

You got me hooked Jabong.com. Get ready to see a lot more of me!

P.S - I was given a voucher to shop from the site. That has not influenced what I've written in this post. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Jabong's speedy service too :)