Tuesday 8 January 2013

MAC Outrageously Fun Lipstick from The Glamour Daze Collection - Review and Swatch

One of my 2013 resolutions is to experiment a lot more with clothes, makeup and hair. Move out of my comfort zone, try different colors and looks and that's exactly what I did with my latest purchase from MAC. I bought a bright moderately neon blue toned pink-magenta lipstick from the Glamour Daze collection called Outrageously Fun. I have always steered clear of any blue based pink lipstick because most look awful on my warm skin tone but Outrageously Fun looked..well so much Fun!


The color is a blue based magenta pink and the finish is a Cremesheen, one of my favorite MAC finishes. It looks quite similar to Up The Amp, the difference being that UTA has more of purple while Outrageously Fun has more of pink. The packaging of the Glamour Daze lipsticks are different from the normal range with a glossy black tube  that I love. Definitely looks better than the matte black one. 



In terms of pigmentation, it's super. One swipe gives an opaque coverage and there is also a soft glossy sheen that it gives to the lips. The wear time is also quite decent and I get around 4-5 hrs of wear. Makes the lips a bit dry though so I need to prep it up with a lip balm before applying.


The color is definitely bright and attention grabbing so you would want to go with a little less makeup on the face when wearing this. I love it for these reasons - it's bright, it's pink, it's different and it does not wash me out. This is safely one of the best blue based pinks that I've tried and one that has worked for me. Even though this is a LE, I'd recommend you to give it a shot. Fairer skin tones will obviously rock this color but medium skin tones like me won't do too bad either. Might not be that great for the more duskier beauties though.

To sum it up, another winner from MAC. Super color and super quality as always. Highly Recommended!

Have you tried this lipstick or anything from the Glamour Daze collection?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow thats bright! I've never experimented with such colors before.. Maybe later when I have to courage to :D

Neha said...

it looks a lot like up the amp which i have.and adore!

Unknown said...

Now that's what I call bright! Problem with such colours is tht they really draw attention and your skin needs to be totally flawless for that..which mine isn't :(