Monday 17 December 2012

Colorbar Eyeshadow Expensive Pink - Review, Swatch, EOTD

Would you believe if I told you that I never really experimented with eye shadows even say a year back? Yup! I was a complete kohl and bright lipstick girl. The max I would do was a mean black smokey eye and that's it. In fact it still is my signature look! But as they say nothing in life is constant except change so here I am now buying eye shadows like crazy, wearing them every single day, experimenting with different looks and loving bright colors. Today, the eye shadow that I'll talk about is a gem from the Colorbar eye shadow factory - Expensive Pink. Yes, the name is the same as that of a MAC cult classic but the color is very different from its pricier counterpart. While MAC's Expensive Pink is a dusty rose with pink and gold, Colorbar's Expensive Pink is a darker plummy pink, with red undertones and subtle shimmer.

Expensive Pink is my first eye shadow from Colorbar and I'm really impressed not only by the color but also by its quality. Here's what I think about this shade.




Packaging - Comes in a cute pot with a transparent lid and two compartments - one to store the shadow and beneath that another one which has a mirror and a curved eye shadow applicator, which is too small for me. It's ok if I'm travelling and don't want take my brushes but other than that, I don't use it much.



Color - Like I wrote above, the color is a plummy pink with red undertones and subtle shimmer. Its a gorgeous color for all skin tones and looks lovely on both Indian and Western outfits. I use it both as an allover lid color and also on my crease. What I love about the shade is that you can team it up with so many other colors. My favorite combos are with navy blue, grey, black and emerald but there can be plenty more. I also use it as a liner to line my upper and lower lash line sometimes and it looks equally good.



Pigmentation - Very pigmented. One swipe is enough to make your eyes pop with color and it does not require a primer to bring out the pigmentation.

Texture - The texture is really fine making it very easy to apply and blend. I love how smooth this is and that there is absolutely no fallout!

Staying Power - Without a primer, it lasts on me for at least 6-7 hours with a bit of creasing towards the end. 

I'm loving Expensive Pink and would highly recommend this color for everyone. The only con that I can think of is probably the tiny applicator and that's it. Get this girls. It's an absolute must have shade in your eye shadow collection. 

Here's me wearing Expensive Pink on my lids. Unfortunately the pic is not of great quality. Sorry about that :(



The price of Colorbar eye shadows are Rs 300 for 3 gms. You can now get them for Rs 270 at medplusbeauty.com

Have you tried Expensive Pink or any Colorbar eye shadows? Which is your favorite?

No comments: