Thursday 8 November 2012

My Collection of Red Lipsticks - Photos and Swatches

I know this statement by Gwyneth Paltrow has been quoted like a million times but I'm still gonna go ahead and say it coz I believe in it 100%. "Beauty to me is being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick". I've always been a red lipstick girl. From the time I first swiped Revlon's Fire and Ice on my lips nearly fifteen yrs back to the latest Camden Chic from MAC, the power of red never ceases to amaze me. Guaranteed to transform your look from boring to bold in one easy swipe, no wonder the crimson lip never goes out of style.

I have a small collection of red lipsticks which I thought will share with you. Here they are:


From Left to Right - Revlon Colorburst Crimson, Revlon Matte Really Red, Revlon Super Lustrous Cha Cha Cherry, Maybelline ColorSensational Pleasure Me Red, Chambor Matte Rubis Rouge, Lotus Herbals Crimson Red, MAC Mattene Camden Chic


From Left to Right - Revlon Colorburst Crimson, Revlon Matte Really Red, Revlon Super Lustrous Cha Cha Cherry, Maybelline ColorSensational Pleasure Me Red, Chambor Matte Rubis Rouge, Lotus Herbals Crimson Red, MAC Mattene Camden Chic

I've been looking to add the iconic shades Ruby Woo, Russian Red, Chili and Diva to my collection but they are always out of stock! Another one that I really like is NARS Heatwave. Hopefully will get them someday.

What are your favorite red lipsticks? Do share in the comments below.

24 comments:

indian beauty central said...

What an awesome collection of reds!! U really need Ruby woo,that's one Red to rule them all!
Btw ur posts finally made me order cha cha cherry and cherries in the snow :D

Neha said...

This is so cool.. I just read pooja's post on.must have red lippies :-D i think you shud definitely scout for ruby woo .. Its the only true red lippie i have and am so happy with it!

sharmistha guha said...

super hot collection dolon.... even i am eyeing on MAC Rubby Woo and Chilli.. will get them soon before my b'day.. :)

NidsGautam said...

Chambor 1 is sooo prettyy... :)

Poutpretty said...

Super!..if you find them in the Kol store plzz let me know its available. Whens the birthday?

Dolon said...

You should definitely try it out. Its simply gorgeous and not super dry

Poutpretty said...

Thanks Amee :)

sharmistha guha said...

sure i will let u know.. My B'day is on 15th January... :)

janani said...

Dol .. you should try colorbar velvet matte brick-o-la .. and their lip pot in cherry .. very pretty reds to ad to ur collection .. and i envy ur collection as is ..

Poutpretty said...

Thanks Jan for these..will surely check them out :)

Sukanya said...

gorgeous collection !!! am bookmarking the page for reference <3 <3 <3


www,makeupbeautylounge.com

Poutpretty said...

Lol..which one did u like?

Poutpretty said...

I love it too:)

Oindrila Ghoshal said...

Wow, what a collection!! Even I adore reds but not possible to wear this shade always as I have class daily. Adding 'Chambor Matte Rubis Rouge' to my wishlist. Mattes look good on me and this shade looks amazing! Wondering if the Revlon Mattes are available in Kol. Do tell me :-)

Poutpretty said...

Rubis Rouge and Really Red are my absolute favs. Try online for Really Red coz they are not availble in stores. Medplus?

Oindrila Ghoshal said...

Checked Medplus. Revlon Matte not available and Chambor out of stock for now.

Parul Solanki said...

Nice collection..I totally adore Revlon Crimson..the Chambor one looks nice

Tejinder said...

gorgeous collection..i love Lotus Herbals Crimson Red

bhumika_t said...

Love Chambor and Revlon Really Red..

Poutpretty said...

Ya my favs too:))

Poutpretty said...

Ya its lovely

seraphicgirl1986 said...

Chambor and Lotus Herbals lipstick swatches look darn pretty!

Poutpretty said...

Yess:)

Goga said...

Lovely red colors. I have maybelline fatal.red and its really nice too. Would love to see lip swatches :-)