Sunday 28 October 2012

Colorbar True Gloss Nectar Orange - Review & Swatch

I've never been a big lip gloss fan simply because shiny lips look terrible on me. I've tried experimenting with a number of brands but I just don't like how i look with a gloss. Unless its a shade that's really really pretty, the texture is light and non-sticky and the finish little less shiny, I never buy a gloss. I would have passed up on the new Colorbar True Glosses as well but then so many of the bloggers were raving about this product that I bought one out of curiosity to see what the hoopla was all about. 



The shades in the True Gloss range are really bright and vibrant and most of them are pinks and oranges, which are my favorites. The one that I picked up is Nectar Orange, a bright reddish orange. Here's what I think about this gloss.

Packaging - Nothing special. Its a standard transparent tube with a doe foot applicator inside to apply the gloss

Smell - Too strong for my liking

Pigmentation - Superb! I didn't think that a gloss would actually be this pigmented. A couple of swipes is enough to cover pigmented lips and the color is really striking on the lips 

Color - The color is so pretty! It does look bright in the tube, but on application, its certainly not that bright. This shade will look good on everyone irrespective of the skin tone. If you are not a brights lover, wear it as a stain to tone it down. 



Texture - Smooth & creamy and applies effortlessly. It's thick enough to provide full coverage but does not feel heavy on the lips and the most important thing for me in a gloss, it's not sticky. The product claims to be moisturizing but I didn't find my lips getting a lot of moisture. It didn't get dry either but just not as moisturized as I thought it would be.

Finish - This does not have as much shine as you would expect in a gloss and whatever you get while applying, starts fading away after about an hr or so. I think Colorbar should have named this range as Liquid Lipsticks rather than gloss coz that's really what they are.

Staying Power - A lot of bloggers have written that this stays on them for around 8-9 hrs on them. On me, it lasts for around 4-5 hrs (what am I doing wrong???) It fades away leaving behind a patchy reddish stain on the lips where the lip line looks much brighter than the inside of the lips. Not something that I like.



Final Thoughts

If, like me, you do not like shiny lips but still want to apply a gloss, this range is perfect. I've tried one more True Gloss in Natural Tan and that is equally pigmented. Thumbs up to Colorbar for launching this range of ultra pigmented, non sticky, long staying glosses in gorgeous colors. Go get one!

Have how you tried any of the Colorbar True Glosses? Which is your favorite?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty shade..:)

Unknown said...

Pretty shade..:)