Thursday 2 August 2012

Revlon Matte Lipstick Really Red - Review and Swatches

 


"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick" - Gweneth Paltrow 

It gives me great pleasure to let you know that I have found my kick-ass red lipstick!! Nope it is not Ruby Woo, Russian Red or any other iconic shade. It is from the humble matte lipstick range from Revlon and the shade is Really Red, a super awesome classic red!

If you have not tried the matte range from Revlon, girl, you are missing something. Their quality can match or even beat that of any high end matte lipsticks. I had heard so much about Really Red and how it is a dupe for Ruby Woo that I just had to have it.

The only not so good part about this lipstick is the packaging. I just hate it! The Super lustrous range looks so great god knows why this step-sisterly treatment has been shown to the matte lipsticks. Think they tried to mimic the MAC packaging but only ended up with a tacky scrap metal dupe. Availability is also another issue. None of the Revlon counters in Kolkata have this range and I had to search for this online. Stylecraze thankfully has quite a number of shades and I got this particular one from there for Rs 525.


Now lets get to the what's so great part.

1. Color - Want Dita Von Teese or Gwen Stefani lips on a budget? Get Really Red. It's a true 'retro' red, not too orange and not too blue which makes it such a perfect color. All skin tones can carry this off equally well.

2. Formulation - Revlon has simply nailed it! Even though this is a true matte, it is not drying at all. It just glides on the lips effortlessly. No tugging, no pulling, no looking like all moisture has been sucked out from the lips.

2. Pigmentation - Intense. One swipe is enough to give you intense red lips and yes it is enough for pigmented lips too. It's very opaque so no need to layer it on. And the best thing is that it does not bleed or feather at all.

3. Staying Power - Impressive. Lasts for about 5-6 hrs on me without any touchups. And it survives food and drinks too!

To sum it up, I LOVE this color and this range. Think I'm gonna get all of the shades before Revlon decides to discontinue them which I really really hope they don't. If you love mattes as much as I do and want a classic red in your lipstick kitty, get Really Red. You will not be disappointed!..Check out the swatches.







What do you think of Really Red? Worth giving a try? Do share your thoughts.

Love

D

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow..this seems to be a lovely red that suits all skintones..I have never tried this range..wil gift it to my mom as she loves reds..such a nice review n cute pics

Megha Sarin said...

I have this one! It is little loud and cant be worn during the day. But surely a stunner for the night! Great review

love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Preetha and Megha...Im loving this shade and have become a fan of the formula..absolutely super

Naina said...

I shy away from reds... every single time. have worn neonish pink and matte orange but red somehow hasnt worked out for me yet. :(

Unknown said...

You know its the best drugstore RED all over..everyone loves it..I am eyeing it too..though I hardllyy wear a red..thats a different thing ;)

Ritu said...

I always struggle to find this range at the stores... one SA once told me that it has been discontinued... I wonder how online-retailers are still selling it... I'm scared of old, near-expiry stock....
though i have been longing to try this rnage
nice review:)

Swati R said...

I loved this color... such a perfect red :)

coralcrue said...

beautiful red, nice review :)

coralcrue said...

beautiful red, nice review :)

Makeup And Beautty By Samannita said...

lovely red shade !

Unknown said...

It really is a gorgeous color gals...even I thought about the expired product bit Ritu but was desperate to get this shade so took the chance. Still confused about this range..is it on or off!