Sunday 26 August 2012

MAC Cremesheen Glass Star Quality from the Reel Sexy Collection - Pics, Review and Swatch

MAC has come out with 4 Limited Edition Cremesheen Glasses with the Reel Sexy collection. Cinestyle - a milky lilac (absolutely not for me), Color Saturation - a rich berry red with purple tones (Gorgeous!), Private Screening - a pinky beige which made me look like a ghost when I tried it out and Star Quality, a pink-red coral. Honestly, I've never really been a fan of glosses. I much prefer the intensity of a lipstick to the shine of a gloss but Star Quality was just too pretty to resist! I was caught between Color Saturation and Star Quality but picked the latter on the MUA's insistence. The price is quite exorbitant at Rs 1400 but like I said the color was just too tempting. 





This is my first Cremesheen Glass from MAC and I love the texture. It's a dream to apply, weightless, non sticky and creamy. The vanilla fragrance is a bit too strong but thankfully it's taste-free. 

In terms of pigmentation, Star Quality packs a bit of punch but it looks much more pigmented in the tube.  On the lips, it's a semi-sheer finish so I was a bit disappointed with that. This is my first Cremesheen so I don't know if this is the case with all of them but this one settles into lip lines if applied on its own. Not too noticeable but if you are as finicky as I am, it's quite an irritant! 


The staying power is around a couple of hours if applied on its own. On top of a lipstick, the wear time is longer. 

Is Star Quality a Blockbuster or a Hit?

I love the texture of the Cremesheen glass. For a non-gloss lover, this is perfect because it just glides on to the lips and there is zero stickiness. I would have loved if this did not settle into lines and was more pigmented but I guess Ill have to layer it over a lipstick to get the max out of the gloss. Would'nt say Star Quality is a blockbuster but it sure is a hit.

Are you planning to buy anything from the Reel Sexy collection?

16 comments:

Pooja@indianbeautycentral said...

This looks awesome! I checked out MAC today everything sold out from the Reel sex collection :(

Poutpretty said...

Wow that soon!..thankfully I was in the store when this launched so was able to check all of them before anyone else!

beautyandthecheap said...

LOL! Finally found Reel Sexy! The lipstick was sold out in my nearest store, had to travel 60 minutes to get it! But yay! Also got a Tour de Fabulous (I think) lipiner in Lasting sensation with it, which I love more! :P I'm not a gloss lover so I passed on those. Good for my wallet! LOL!

Poutpretty said...

Great:))..Reel Sexy just did not go with my skintone and neither did Watch Me Simmer. Was actually lusting for them!

beautyandthecheap said...

Really? Even Watch me simmer? That sucks. :( I have a dupe of Watch Me Simmer so I was like, "NO! Must control!" Reel Sexy washes me out ever ever so slightly but some blush really balances it. :) And with the lipliner it becomes Vegas Volt! LOL!

Poutpretty said...

Vegas Volt has long been on my wishlist but always out of stock :(

Swati Rastogi said...

such a pretty pink... but the drawback.. it settled in fine lines.. I hate that :(

Vish said...

Hi Dolon
the shade is amazing but settles into fine lines :( :( :(
can't take it at all on my dry lips

Dolon said...

I know :(

indian beauty central said...

Okay am back to drool some more, I must stalk all MAC counters in my town and hunt it down ;)

sheetal agarwal said...

the color looks gorgeous but the sad part

Janani said...

Delicious!!!!!

Preetha Karthik said...

thats a lovely shade

Dolon said...

It really is lovely!

Dolon said...

Ya but its not too noticeable which is good :)

Shourima Ghosh said...

hmm... looks yum! where is the LOTD gurl?