Monday 25 June 2012

My Monsoon Makeup Must Haves and Wishlist


Pitter patter rain drops, Pitter Patter rain drops, and I’m wet throughhhh.....

Ahhhh atlast the rain Gods have shown some mercy on us Kolkatanas! The monsoon has finally set in to give us relief from the scorching heat and terrible humidity. Before we all start complaining of water logging, traffic jams, pot holes, dreary and dull weather, lets revel in the monsoon mania!...

In this post I will talk about my absolute monsoon-must haves and the products that are on my wish list to see me through the rains. We all know that despite the romanticism associated with the monsoons; this season is not really conducive to looking good. Its humid, there's a lot of moisture in the air, the skin becomes dull and greasy and makeup does not last for too long. The products that I have mentioned below are my life saviors and help me look all fresh n pretty. Hopefully my list will also help you to breeze through the coming months and make a splash of the good kind!

1. Tinted Moisturizer/BB Cream- Unless, I need to go out at night, I almost always skip foundation during the day during this season. My face tends to sweat a lot and I don't really want it to be a runny canvas!. I like to keep it fresh and dewy with only a hint of base so a tinted moisturizer works best. Mixing moisturizer with my favorite foundation (MAC Studio Fix in NC 45) does the trick for me. This year as well, no heavy duty stuff on my face but I might give the Maybelline B.B cream a try to see how it holds up.

Maybelline BB Cream

2. Waterproof & Smudge proof Eyeliner/Kajal - Well no one wants raccoon eyes so this is an absolute must. I use MAC's Blacktrack & Maybelline's Colossal Kajal when I want to go black. For color, I love the Glimmer sticks from Avon. This year, I'm in the mood to try out the matte AMC gel liners from Inglot after reading such good reviews from all of you. They have such fab shades!!..Below are the two that's on my wishlist.       

Inglot #82 Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

                                                                

Inglot #82 Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

                                                                                      
3. Waterproof Mascara - Not just for the monsoons, this is a must have for me all year round. I am currently using Maybelline's Volume Express Cat Eyes mascara which unfortunately never released here. This one gives me super long lashes but it's getting over and I have no means of replenishing. I've read some good things about the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara so that's what I'm getting next.

L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara


4. Blush - There's nothing better than a dust of blush to add color to the face. Since I go very light on the base, a blush is a must have. My current favorite is MAC's Desert Rose, a gorgeous rosy pink. During the monsoons, I go for the matte blushes simply because of its lasting power. I don't want to be retouching my blush every couple of hours! The one that I'm lusting for is another pink blush, MAC's - Fleur Power. Its not matte but a satin finish but according to all you bloggers, this is the color for all skin tones. Well, I'm gonna listen to you and get this:)

Fleur Power

5. Hot Pink Lipstick - I like my lips to go bright during the monsoons and I like it matte. The glosses and creamy ones tend to bleed and their staying power reduces considerably so those are a big no no for me. I also steer clear from nudes and like wearing bright colors. My current favorite is MAC's Party Parrot, a very very bright neon pink (Review here). On my wishlist, are two more hot pinks. L'oreal's Color Riche Made for me Intense Fuchsia and Inglot's Witchy Watermelon.Aren't they gorgeous??

Witchy Watermelon

L'oreal's Color Riche Made for me Intense Fuchsia 
These are a few of my makeup must haves for the rainy season and the products that I've been saving money to buy. What are yours? Do share in the comments below.

Till next time..

Enjoy the rains pretties..

XOXO

10 comments:

Unknown said...

nice post dear..following u now

Renji said...

nice post....following you now...glad if you follow my blog too; Dont forget to participate i nthe giveaway going on in my blog

www.makeupholicworld.com

Makeup And Beautty By Samannita said...

nice post....following you...........glad if you follow mine ! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks dearie:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Renji :)following you now...will definitely enter the giveaway :D

Unknown said...

Hey Toa..thanks for following but cant see you yet..You have a great blog but cant find the follow button :(

gargi said...

hey..following you now...i am also a new blogger, do visit my blog and follow me too if you like...btw where do u stay in kolkata?

Unknown said...

Hey thanks fellow Kolkatan :)

Unknown said...

hey dolu u rock awesum colour selection specially the nail paint...green one which brand??

Unknown said...

Yo dearie..Think its from NARS