Wednesday 16 July 2014

YSL Fuchsia Desinvolte (01) Baby Doll Kiss and Blush - Review, Photos, Swatch, FOTD

Red will always be my favorite color but I'm currently obsessed with fuchsia! Be it in clothes, bags, shoes, jewelry, makeup, I've caught the fuchsia fever badly. It was no surprise that when I laid my eyes on the new YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush range at Sephora, I came back with the prettiest color - Fuchsia Desinvolte (01).

YSL Fuchsia Desinvolte (01) Baby Doll Kiss and Blush 



There seems to be a new craze in the beauty market nowadays of making this two-in-one product that does the job of a lipstick/lipstain and a cream blush. YSL has come out with the Baby Doll Kiss and Blush range and Shu Uemura has the Gelato range. I haven't tried the Gelatos yet but can absolutely vouch for the beauty of the Baby Doll. Fuchsia Desinvolte is a bright fuchsia with blue undertones, a color that looks good on more or less everyone.



The texture is described as an “air whipped mousse” and has a “soft matte finish.” If you see the bottle from a distance, you will probably think that it's a nail polish.  It’s packaged in a square, glass bottle with a long, cylindrical cap and when you twist and open, out comes the tapered and spongy applicator.



The consistency is thin but once you apply it on the lips, it dries to a satin-matte finish yet looks quite glossy. The color is buildable so you can apply as a stain or layer it on for intense color. It lasts for about six hours on me and leaves behind a light pink stain before fading. I am usually not too fond of cream blush because I find them very difficult to blend and get the right balance but these are really easy to use. A few dots on the cheeks, pat with fingers or use a stippling brush to blend and you are done. The color looks really pretty as a blush and should work well on fair to medium skin tones. Just make sure to blend it well else you will be left with two bright pink blotches on your cheeks! I have been using Fuchsia Desinvolte mostly as a lip product though because I like it more that way.



The texture of this product is lovely. It does not dry out my lips and lasts for quite a long time. And this is the only lip product I have that smells of fruit! These are priced at $40 and I don't think the range is out here yet. Strawberrynet was stocking this shade some days back so you can check it out if interested.

Wearing Fuchsia Desinvolte on lips and cheeks

Have you tried any color from the YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush range? Do you like using cream blush? Do share in the comments below.

No comments: