Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Burgandy Burn - Review, Swatch

Can you believe that I've had this gloss for nearly six months now and it is only a few days back that I 're-discovered' it! Yup and the reason is my new found love for lip gloss which surprisingly is still going strong after three months. Now the name of this gloss is ridiculous and I honestly don't know what Lakme was thinking when they named it Burgandy Burn! I thought I had bought a piece which had a typo but I checked online and yes that is the name so I can't alter the spelling. Also, the color is far removed from burgundy. Thankfully, the name is the only weird thing about this gloss.



Lakme Claims: Now get super luscious lips with this revolutionary gloss that gives you high shine, high coverage for a lacquered finish. Recommended by Lakme make up artists for super glossy lips.

Features :
Professional finish gloss
High Shine, High coverage
Lacquered finish
Recommended by Lakme’s make up experts




Burgandy Burn is a beautiful berry pink with light golden shimmer and it looks lovely on the Indian skin tone. Again, dunno why Lakme named it 'burgandy' because it sure has no similarity with the color. However, this is my first Lakme Gloss Addict and I'm very impressed with the texture and pigmentation. It is light, feels weightless on the lips and the wand deposits color evenly. The shimmer is hardly noticeable on the lips but it does not feel gritty at all. The best part about the gloss is that it's non-sticky, has very good pigmentation and stays for about two hours which is pretty decent for a gloss. I will not say that it is hydrating but it does not dry lips either.



The price is definitely high at Rs 700 and that is a con for me. It's a good product for sure but 700 is too high. Would have preferred it to be in the 500-550 price range. 

Have you tried any of the Lakme Gloss Stylist shades? Which is your favorite?


No comments: