Sunday 11 August 2013

EOTD with Orange, Bronzy Plum and Emerald

Yesterday evening I was going through my eye shadow collection and came across the Maybelline color tattoo in Fierce and Tangy tucked away in the corner of my makeup box. It's been a really long time since I've used the color so thought of doing a look with that bright orange shade. I bought MAC's Sable eye shadow some days back and wanted to see if it would pair well with Fierce and Tangy (Yes, I love experimenting with different colors). Also used Revlon's latest Photoready Kajal in Emerald Empire, a gorgeous dark emerald green to give that pop of color along with lots of mascara. I used the Bourjois Maxi Frange Mascara in Prune Bien Coifee. I know all these colors together sound odd but the net result wasn't too bad. Makeup is all about experimenting right?


Here's what I did :

1. Used my fingers to apply Fierce and Tangy all over the lids and blended the edges with the Real Techniques duo-fiber eye brush. The brush pokes the eye and has uneven bristles but is excellent as a blending brush and to apply color along the crease. 

2. Used the same brush to apply Sable on the Crease and outer corners and blended them well. This is a gorgeous bronzy golden plum and it goes with everything. One of MAC's greatest hits and highly recommended!

3. Lined eyes with the Revlon kajal. The color is rich and very well pigmented but I did not like the texture . Way too hard and there was a bit of pulling and tugging involved.

4. Applied the Bourjois mascara. Bought it from strawberrynet so dunno if this one is available here. The color is pretty unique - a mix of plum and coffee and I like that it looks very natural. Only problem is that the mascara tends to clump if too many coats are applied. 

5, Lined lower lashline with the Maybelline kajal (that got smudged slightly)

And voila the eye makeup is done! Takes about 5 mins, super easy to do, not a ton of products required and looks quite nice. What do you think? Since I was playing with colors in the evening, had to take the pics in artificial light so sorry about that!





No comments: