Tuesday 9 July 2013

MAC Lustre Lipstick Midimauve - Review, Swatches, Pictures

All of you who read the blog regularly must have known by now about my immense love of anything bright and bold when it comes to lip colors. Not that I don't like neutrals or lighter shades but somehow most of the ones that I try wash me out and I feel that I look better in brighter colors. Thank you to Sreenanda Shankar for recommending MAC Lustre lipstick in Midimauve. If it wasn't for her, I would have completely ignored this beautiful shade. Sreenanda is an accomplished dancer and absolutely awesome at makeup. She has a Facebook group called Makeover Madness-It's about what suits you and I would strongly recommend all of you to check out that group for some very useful makeup tips.


Coming back to Midimauve, MAC describes it as a rosy mauve shade with pearl finish. This is my first Lustre lipstick and honestly, if I didn't get such rave reviews, I would not have picked it up. Lustre is not my favorite finish simply because they are not that pigmented and also does not last very long. Midimauve however is just fab! On my lips, it comes across a pinky mauve and is wonderful as a shade to be worn to work or during day time. The best thing is that despite being a light color, it does not wash me out. It goes opaque in two swipes and covers any lip pigmentation. Does not moisturize but does not make lips dry either. Gives a very nice dewy finish and feels really light on the lips. It lasts for about a couple of hours on me and does not bleed, feather or accentuate fine lines on the lips. This is a lip color that will look super with smokey eyes and also on its own. 






The only con of the lipstick is that it does not last for long like all Lustres but if you are looking for an everyday wear shade, I would highly recommend Midimauve. This is a color that will look good on everyone. Those with very dark skin tones, you might want to try it out at the store first but if you are within NC 45, Midimauve is for you!

Have you tried Midimauve? What's your favorite everyday wear shade?

No comments: