Tuesday 30 July 2013

Current Top 5 Favorite Lip Products - Tag Post

I've been tagged by Shikha of Sorelle Grapevine and Sheetal of Makeup and Fashion Freak to do a top 5 favorite lip products post so here it is. Coming up with only five products was quite a challenge and it took me nearly 30 minutes to zero in on my favorites. I'm kinda surprised by my choice too you know. Why? Because there are more neutral shades in there than brights! No, my love for bright and bold colors have not gone anywhere but these neutral shades are so pretty that I've been wearing them almost everyday since I've got them. And the best part is that they don't wash me out!

I've chosen five awesome lipsticks that are universally flattering, have excellent texture and pigmentation, looks great on me and will look great on practically every skin tone. So here goes..



1. NARS HeatwaveHeatwave is a bright orange red semi-matte lipstick and is a knockout shade specially for those with warm skin tones. I'm not gonna be modest here when I say that I look very good when I wear this lipstick and I've had many girls asking me the shade when I wear it. The texture and pigmentation of Heat Wave is flawless and if you love reds and oranges, this is one shade I would highly recommend. To read the full review, click here.

2. Maybelline Vivid Rose - When I want to wear a bright pink/fuchsia lip, this is the color I reach out to the most. No idea why Maybelline is not bringing the Vivids to India but if they do, grab this shade first girls! It has amazing color payoff and the texture and consistency is as good as a high end lipstick. If you are passionate about bright pink lip colors, Vivid Rose is definitely not to be missed. Full review here

3. MAC Lustre Lipstick Midimauve - This triggered my current neutral shade obsession. Midimauve is a rosy mauve shade with a pearl finish and apt for wearing during the day and to work. Lustre finishes are usually not too pigmented and does not last long on the lips but Midimauve is different. Pigmentation is great and on me it lasts for nearly 2 -3 hours. I love the dewy finish that Midimauve gives to the lips and its great to be paired with a smokey eye. Full review here

4. Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Nude - A 'perfect' nude shade of lipstick is by far the toughest thing to find. I've tried out endless shades but most have made me look like a ghost. Bobbi Brown's Nude lip color does not. The color is a medium brownish pink and is a shade that will work on the palest to the darkest skin tone. Bobbi Brown lipsticks are the most pigmented and creamy ones out there so they feel lovely on the lips. If you don't mind the plasticky smell, this shade is a Must Have!

5. NARS Tolede - I got this lipstick about a week back and I've worn it practically everyday since then. This is part of NARS Summer 2013 collection and is described as a 'pink rose'. It’s a subtle warm-toned, rosy pink with a soft, satiny finish. Tolede has a light, creamy glide-on texture and is very comfortable on the lips- no tugging or pulling while applying. It's not a shade that's particularly eye catching but one that you would reach out to very often because of how good it is as an everyday shade.

From L - R - Heat Wave, Vivid Rose, Midimauve, Nude, Tolede
From L - R - Heat Wave, Vivid Rose, Midimauve, Nude, Tolede

These were my current favorites and I hope you liked them. I'm not tagging any specific blogger to do this post. Instead, I'm tagging all of you who are reading this to share with me your current five favorite lip products. Please share in the comments below. Would love to know about your selection :)

XOXO

D

No comments: