Tuesday 4 June 2013

MAC Show Orchid Lipstick - Review, Swatches

For those who are wondering where did the bright lipsticks go from the blog, worry not coz you will get to see five of them in a row starting from today :)). Yes, I recently got myself four shades from Maybelline's Vivid range and obviously I have to show them to you. Today though is not about the Vivids but about a shade that is a big favorite across the world and specially with celebs like Cheryl Cole and I think even Kim Kardashian. The name of the lipstick is Show Orchid and it is made by MAC. 


Before starting with the review, I'll have to break the bad news. This shade is not available at our regular MAC stores coz it's a Pro shade. The good news is that India has a Pro store in Mumbai, so you can get it there. Else, will need to rely on ebay probably. I was lucky enough to get it some months back at strawberrynet actually. So you might want to keep an eye on that website. I think I paid around Rs 1100 which is definitely more than the regular price of MAC lipsticks but then its a rare find!


Show Orchid is a bright fuchsia pink with iridescent fuchsia purple sheen. The color is bright, bold, beautiful and looks absolutely gorgeous on the lips. This shade is bright yes but very much wearable. This has an amplified finish and therefore very pigmented. It provides full coverage in a swipe and the texture is quite creamy. On the lips, it gives off a light sheen. Amplified is my favorite MAC finish because I love their intense color and creamy texture. The lipstick as usual has the trademark vanilla scent and lasts for about 3-4 hrs on me. 




If you love bright fuchsia lipsticks, Show Orchid is the shade for you. Highly Recommended!! 

Have you tried this shade?


No comments: