Tuesday 9 April 2013

Faces Ultime Pro Shine On Eyeliner Moonlit - Review, Swatches

Faces Canada cosmetics has recently launched the Ultime Pro range of makeup which includes nail lacquers, matte lipsticks, shine on eye liners, waterproof mascara and shocking volume mascara. I was sent a few products from this new range to try out and today's post is about my thoughts on the Ultime Pro Shine On Eyeliner in Moonlit.

Extraordinary color to make you shine! Gives a long lasting and intense shiny finish. Comes with a felt tip for precise application. Exquisitely lush and quick drying. Totally water and smudge proof.


Moonlit is a pretty shimmery navy blue, a color that goes very well with all skin tones and one that I personally love on my eyes. The Shine On Eyeliner is priced at a whopping Rs 699, and going by the price, I thought this would be some revolutionary product. How wrong was I!! Read on to know why I'm not too fond of Moonlit:

1. There is nothing much to say about the packaging. It comes in a blue shiny bottle with the color matching that of the liner. This is an advantage so you know exactly what you are buying. The long and sturdy handle also helps to work with this easily.


2. What I hate most about the liner is the applicator. This is supposed to have a felt tip applicator but it's so stiff and hard that if you ever manage to poke your eye with it, be assured of at least semi-permanent damage. I have no idea whether I got a defective piece or whether all the applicators are this bad but I'm staying away from it for sure. The stiffness makes it very hard to draw a precise line or even try out other liner styles. 


3. The texture is not runny but pigmentation is so disappointing. One swipe does nothing and I had to swipe at least three times to get decent color on my lids. And with that terrible applicator, it was definitely not an easy task! On the lids, the color does look nice though. Not too much glitter but a pretty shiny blue. 


4. I won't say that it's all bad. The color dries up and sets in very fast so minimal waiting time to do the rest of the eye makeup. It does not smudge and lasts for a really long time. I have worn it to office and it stayed put for nearly 9 hours without any smudging or fading. Another good thing about this is that it did not sting my eyes so safe for those with sensitive eyes and it's also pretty easy to remove. I use Johnson's Baby Oil to remove eye makeup and it came off pretty easily.

5. The price is definitely not worth this eye liner. 699 is way too high for 2.5 ml and that too for a product that to me is pretty average. I'd rather invest in Inglot or any other brand. 


There is also another shade in the Shine On Liner range, a pretty emerald green but I'm staying away from it after my disappointing experience with Moonlit. For me, it's just not worth it!.

Have you tried anything from the Ultime Pro range?

P.S - Product sent by brand PR. Review 100% mine.

No comments: