Thursday 31 January 2013

MUA Going for Gold Palette - Review, Swatches,EOTD

The MUA Limited Edition Going for Gold eyeshadow palette was launched last year to celebrate the Olympics and consists of 10 gorgeous shimmery shades of Gold, Silver and Bronze. This is one palette that I really wanted to get my hands on coz I love shimmer and I love gold!. I know the Olympics is long over and the palette is also sold out but I did manage to get this for myself at a recent blog sale conducted by Renji of Makeupholic World. Got 4 MUA palettes from her and Going For Gold was one of them.



The shades unfortunately have no name and instead given numbers. So the top row from Left to Right is 1-5 and the Bottom Row from Left to Right is 6-10.


The colors are all well pigmented but I did find that the bottom row is more pigmented as you can see from the pictures. Considering the price of this, the quality is great. They are soft in texture, does not have chunky glitter, there is moderate fallout and lasts for nearly 5-6 hrs on my lids without creasing or fading. What's great about the palette is that some the colors are so versatile that they can also be used as highlighters on the face to give it a glowy shimmery look. Another star product from MUA!

Here are the swatches -

Top Row from Left to Right (1-5)


Bottom Row from Left to Right (6-10)


And here's a look that I did with palette. Used a combination of the gold and bronze colors. Ughh that pimple :((


Have you tried the Going for Gold palette? Which one is your favorite shade?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, versatile colours!
I too suddenly had 5 huge pimples pop up on my face last week...for no reason :( burst 2 (I know I shudnt) still waiting for 3 to subside. Scars of course will take ages to go...sob sob.

Unknown said...

Such pretty shiny colours! Perfect for those special occasions :)