Wednesday 28 November 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick Black Cherry - Review, Swatches

Smitten by Berenice Marlohe's makeup in Skyfall and want to get dark, vampy lips like her? Then do not miss out on getting Revlon's Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Black Cherry, a very deep reddish purple color.


I love the Super Lustrous range for their wide range of colors, intense pigmentation and creamy texture. The packaging is classic Revlon with a clear top so its easy to figure out the shade. Even though it looks almost like a black color in the tube, worry not, it lightens up quite a bit when applied on the lips. Because of the dark color and creamy texture, application of Black Cherry can be a bit tricky though and I would recommend using a lip brush to fill in the color. The lipstick glides on easily and leaves a reddish stain on the lips before fading. These lipsticks are not long lasting unfortunately and the max I can get out of Black Cherry is 2 hours. There is also a bit of issue with transfer and bleeding.


A lipstick that I can think of which looks almost identical to Black Cherry is MAC's Media. Black Cherry is glossier and maybe slightly more reddish than Media but both are absolutely gorgeous shades, perfect for winter. 




Personally, whenever I wear a dark lip color, I prefer going semi-matte because I think it looks more polished. I apply a couple of swipes of Black Cherry and then pat a tissue over it. If you like the glossier version, wear as it is. 

I'm loving this shade and its definitely one that I'm reaching out to a lot. It might not suit everyone's tastes but if you want to go super dark this season, then Black Cherry might be the color for you. I got it from medplusbeauty for Rs 400.

No comments: