Saturday 29 September 2012

NYX Slim Lipliner Pencils Hot Pink & Fuchsia - Review, Swatches

Honestly, I've never really used a lip pencil for the purpose of lining my lips. I buy them to use as a base for my lipsticks and also as a standalone lip color coz they are cheaper than lipsticks (unless its a MAC or a high-end brand), are available in a wide range of colors and are very easy to carry around.

The NYX Slim Lip pencils are undoubtedly one of the best budget pencils available in the market now and they come in 60 gorgeous colors!. Outside of India, they are really cheap at $3.50 dollars. Healthkart and medplusbeauty sells these as well but I've never found the colors that I'd like to buy. No doubt these can be bought from cherryculture, B2N etc but after my repeated cases of missing packages, I've become very apprehensive of ordering anything from international websites. So how did I get hold of these? I requested Erica Singh and she got them for me from Mumbai at Rs 275 each.




I got two shades - Hot Pink, a true bright hot pink and Fuchsia, well a gorgeous fuchsia. Since, I use them as lipsticks, I got rid of the pointed tip by rubbing it against the back of my hand. It's much easier to use the pencil if its a bit blunt on top. Would have preferred a twist up pencil than one that needs to be sharpened though. I hate sharpening!

The best thing about the NYX slim pencils is that they are very smooth to apply. Despite having a matte finish, they are not drying at all. They are creamy and glide on effortlessly. Unless you have very dry lips, these should not be a problem at all. The color payoff is pretty good too and I've not faced any issue with feathering or bleeding. As a lipstick, it lasts for about 4 hours and leaves a pretty pink stain behind after fading away. When layered with a lipstick on top, the wear time is around 6-7 hrs. 

Check out the swatches. The colors look quite similar when swatched but Fuchsia is darker than Hot Pink.


Fuchsia on top and Hot Pink below

Check out the NYX slim pencils if you want the precision of a liner and the pigmentation and creaminess of a lipstick rolled into one at a reasonable price. These are really fab and I would definitely recommend these to everyone. I'm getting a few more for sure!

In a nutshell:

Pros:

1. Great color pay off
2. Glides on smoothly
3. Wide range of colors available. Check these out if you are looking for dupes of MAC lip pencils.
4. Stays on for a long time
5. Not drying
6. No feathering or bleeding
7. Reasonably priced

Cons:

1. Availability 
2. Not a twist up pencil
3. Can be drying on those with very dry lips

Have you tried the NYX pencils?Do share the shades that are your favs.

11 comments:

Apoorva Writes said...

They are soooo pretty..
I loved the smooth texture.. I have the fuchsia in MAC. :) yet to try NYX :)

Dolon said...

Try them out...really good!

rakhshanda said...

Beautiful shades <3 <3

Harman said...

Lovely colours :) I have 5 lip pencils from Nyx but I just forget using them before lipstick :-P

Dolon said...

They really are...loving these now :)

Dolon said...

Which colors do you have? Me planning to get some more. Anything good in a dark red?

Ash said...

I dont own too many lip pencils :( These look beautiful. I'm getting tempted!

Poutpretty said...

Go ahead and buy a couple. You will love them:))

Sheetal said...

loved ur review dear.
sry to contact u here. but the fb share link is not working for me. plz make it public so that i can see it.

Unknown said...

I loved fuscia... Nice color..

Poutpretty said...

Forgot about that! .. Now done:)