Sunday 12 August 2012

Revlon PhotoReady Powder Light/Medium - Review

 I've been meaning to review this product for so long but somehow never got around to doing it. Before I start off, apologies for the delay to all you readers who had requested a review nearly two weeks back! But then, better late than never :))

Lets get down to dissecting every aspect of the product

Packaging - Its a sturdy, black rectangular plastic case with a see-through lid which helps to figure out the shade. The case is however way too big and Revlon could do with reducing the size a bit. Takes up a lot of space in my clutch! There is also a small rectangular mirror inside and the powder comes with a cute little brush. The brush is pretty useless though and would have been ideal for a blush rather than a compact, if the quality was slightly better. Its too hard! I use a powder puff or a kabuki for applying this rather than using the brush.





Texture - The powder is quite finely milled and is really light-weight. You don't feel like you have anything on your face.

Coverage - I love the look this powder gives on top of my foundation - a very light, subtle reflective glow. This has a matte finish so great for oily/combo skins. On its own, it gives a light to medium coverage and is therefore great for everyday wear. Actually, this is an everyday use product. Not one I would reach for special occasions.

Bare Skin

After applying the powder

Lasting Power - Gives me about 4-5 hrs on top of foundation. On it's own, about a couple of hours so yes this requires frequent touch ups.

Quantity & Price - Rs 850 for 7.1 gm

My Verdict Vs What Revlon Claims 
  • Delivers soft color with a luminous air-brushed finish - Yes it does deliver soft color and does even out skin tone but the air-brushed finish claim is a bit too much!
  • Reduces shine and evens out skin tone - Yes
  • Sets makeup for a pore less appearance - This is a very good setting powder and if you are looking for one, do give this a try but did not see the pore less appearance!
  • Micro-fine, ultra - lightweight, creamy pressed powder formula - It's not a creamy pressed powder. But yes it's extremely lightweight and really fine
  • Oil free, Fragrance Free - Absolutely
Will I Repurchase? 

I just might because of 3 reasons:
  • I love that it has a matte finish, oil free and kills shine which is perfect for my combination skin. Not many products manage to do that. 
  • I love the soft glow that I get using this over my foundation
  • Has SPF 14
Have you tried this product? What is your take on it?

Love

D

8 comments:

Marathi weddings said...

Thank you Dolon!! :)

Poutpretty said...

Nope..is it good? The Matte one?

KofyKat said...

seems good enough. but compared to the maybeline? have you tried that?

Poutpretty said...

I agree its a bit too expensive..It has its good points as well but not a HG product for sure!

Poutpretty said...

:)))

Harman said...

It seems pretty expensive for what it delivers right? There are many other better powders out there :)

Swati Rastogi said...

You read my mind or what?? :) I wanted to buy this last weekend but then thought of doing some research before buying and today it's here.. lols

Poutpretty said...

My pleasure dear :)