Lets get down to dissecting every aspect of the product
Packaging - Its a sturdy, black rectangular plastic case with a see-through lid which helps to figure out the shade. The case is however way too big and Revlon could do with reducing the size a bit. Takes up a lot of space in my clutch! There is also a small rectangular mirror inside and the powder comes with a cute little brush. The brush is pretty useless though and would have been ideal for a blush rather than a compact, if the quality was slightly better. Its too hard! I use a powder puff or a kabuki for applying this rather than using the brush.
Texture - The powder is quite finely milled and is really light-weight. You don't feel like you have anything on your face.
Coverage - I love the look this powder gives on top of my foundation - a very light, subtle reflective glow. This has a matte finish so great for oily/combo skins. On its own, it gives a light to medium coverage and is therefore great for everyday wear. Actually, this is an everyday use product. Not one I would reach for special occasions.
|After applying the powder|
Lasting Power - Gives me about 4-5 hrs on top of foundation. On it's own, about a couple of hours so yes this requires frequent touch ups.
Quantity & Price - Rs 850 for 7.1 gm
My Verdict Vs What Revlon Claims
- Delivers soft color with a luminous air-brushed finish - Yes it does deliver soft color and does even out skin tone but the air-brushed finish claim is a bit too much!
- Reduces shine and evens out skin tone - Yes
- Sets makeup for a pore less appearance - This is a very good setting powder and if you are looking for one, do give this a try but did not see the pore less appearance!
- Micro-fine, ultra - lightweight, creamy pressed powder formula - It's not a creamy pressed powder. But yes it's extremely lightweight and really fine
- Oil free, Fragrance Free - Absolutely
I just might because of 3 reasons:
- I love that it has a matte finish, oil free and kills shine which is perfect for my combination skin. Not many products manage to do that.
- I love the soft glow that I get using this over my foundation
- Has SPF 14