Wednesday 13 March 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Warm Honey - Review

I got interested in the Rimmell Stay Matte pressed powder while watching Tanya Burr's Youtube videos. In case you do not know who she is, she's the would be sister-in-law of the Pixiwoo duo and is a great MUA herself. Guess makeup just runs in the family! So Tanya uses a lot of this powder and it also happens to be one of her favorites (along with plenty of other bloggers & youtube makeup gurus). When I started watching her videos, there was no way for me to get it in India but thankfully slassy.com has stepped in to bring Rimmel's products to our reach. And what I also love about them is that unlike other websites like Jabong and Healthkart who sell MUA products at atrociously high prices, slassy kept it very reasonable. Honestly, I did not expect the Rs 195 tag for this product and was delighted when I saw the amount on the website. Well done slassy..I love you!


This is a matifying powder, mainly used after foundation and concealer to get rid of oily and shiny patches on the skin. The powder claims to provide up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals. It also helps to minimise the appearance of pores and is dermatologically tested. From the images online, I had no clue as to what shade would suit me best so took a gamble and went ahead with Warm Honey. Thankfully it's an exact match for my NC42 skin. 


The packaging of the product is pretty bad unfortunately. Its a flat pan with a transparent screw lid on top and what I hate about it is that there is no mirror or sponge/puff included. So you always need to carry either a sponge or a brush if you want to keep it in your handbag. The lid also sits very lightly on the pan therefore very much prone to slipping away from fingers and breaking. Bad for travelling! 

I don't use this on it's own and right now my favorite combo for the face is the Maybelline BB stick and the Rimmel powder dusted on top. The powder sets the BB stick and keeps my face shine free for a pretty long time. Its best to use a brush to apply the product rather than a puff or sponge as it might look slightly 'powdery'. The brush gives it a very natural look. What I love about the powder is that it never cakes on the skin or feels heavy and it does keep my face matte for hours. I have normal to combination skin so I don't need to touch up frequently. If you have an extremely oily skin, you will probably need to touch up after a couple of hours to ensure that the shine stays away. I did not see any change in the reduction of pores though! In terms of coverage, it gives light to medium coverage. 

Without Powder

With Powder
What I love:
  • Blends well
  • Smooth and silky texture
  • Sets base makeup very well and keeps it in place
  • Gives light to medium coverage
  • Keeps skin matte and shine free for nearly 5-6 hours
  • Boon for those with oily skin and for us living in hot and humid weather conditions
  • Natural finish and brightens face
  • Affordable

What I don't love:
  • Bad packaging
  • No mirror or sponge/puff
  • Inconvenient to carry around
  • Shade selection. Those above NC45 may not find a suitable shade
  • Did not see any reduction in pores

Ever since I got this powder, I've been using it everyday and I can see myself repurchasing this for sure. It's a great and affordable product and would recommend this highly to anyone with oily skin or those looking for a good setting powder. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is a sure shot winner!

Have you used the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

try maybelline dream matte powder next time .. all cons will also convert into pros. in between I love Tanya n pixiwoo :) earlier she came with name pixi2woo or pixiwoo2. :)